Contrary to popular belief, hair loss is not a problem that’s limited only to men. Women also suffer from hair problems like hair loss. Some research indicates that in the United States alone, a staggering 30 million people are suffering from hair loss. Many women also struggle with hair loss and thinning hair.
Some women suffer from hair loss and thinning hair secondary to postpartum. Others on the other hand tend to experience these problems when they turn 40 or are nearing menopause. Hair loss is also attributed to stress, lack of certain nutrients, inflammation, and hormonal changes.
The good news? There are many solutions to thinning hair and hair loss nowadays. One of the most popular is Fotona hair growth laser. Other therapies that are known to be effective include:
- Nutrient dense supplements. These work by accelerating the regrowth and stimulation of hair.
- Topical applications. Options under these include retinol, flucortisone, and finasteride.
- Low level laser therapy. This superior treatment option uses Fotona erbium laser.
Fortunately, given that you take action and do the right thing, you can slow down the progress and even reverse hair loss for good. However, it is crucial that you act as soon as possible and you have realistic expectations. It is also important that you know that recovery and healthy hair can take months to achieve.
How Fotona Laser Helps with Hair Growth
The Fotona Hair Growth Laser system is a noninvasive treatment option that is designed to help with hair regrowth and stimulation. The laser’s energy uses safe, predictable, and precise stimulation to achieve hair restoration. With this special treatment, hair growth is achieved and maintained through twice a year maintenance.
Who are Good Candidates for the Procedure
The best way to know for sure if the treatment is the best option for you would be to make an appointment with your doctor so your scalp can be properly evaluated. It is also important to make sure you work with a doctor that is also well versed when evaluating your overall health.
Typically the review can include assessing the patient’s stress levels and hormonal health. Medications you are taking will also be looked into when creating the best treatment plan for the patient. Those who struggle with hair loss or thinning hair regardless of gender are considered good candidates for the procedure.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
Typically, the first visit will involve consultation and evaluation of the scalp and the patient’s overall health. Certain medical conditions such as PCOS, thyroid dysfunction, and other autoimmune disorders will also be looked into. Laboratory work may be needed to check for hormonal deficiencies and hormonal levels.
After the consultation, advice on possible lifestyle changes may be provided. Mostly these lifestyle changes can help ensure your hair restoration success. Often, the next appointment will be the first Fotona laser session. Depending on the plan chosen, topical solutions may also be used to speed up the process.
Benefits of Fotona Laser
Some of the notable benefits of Fotona laser include:
- The procedure is not painful and will typically take less than an hour to complete.
- Safe and noninvasive. This treatment option will not require any downtime.
- Stimulates the patient’s scalp. This option has also been known to help activate the natural regeneration and healing process of the body and increase the blood flow.
- Can be used with other treatments. When needed and when it can speed up the process, topical solutions may be prescribed to hasten the results.